No chickens for 40 years, now 10

Glad you joined the Backyard chickens flock.
celebrate.gif

I grew up at my parents with chickens and I was lucky enough to find a wonderful man who loves to have new adventures like I. He knew I loved and always wanted my own chickens so we built our own hen house and chicken pen. My mom wanted to buy me my first chickens and could not have chosen a better batch of bantams. The rooster on my shoulder is the best. "Rojo". Never in all my years with chickens did I meet one like him. He is the best. So lovable. Some of he hens are as well but as you see he loves to be with me and on my arm or shoulder or me holding him and petting him. I have those 5 bantams and we have also purchased a cucu Moran ( we had 2 but one was murdered by a wild animal. It was devastating. We also purchased some babiy bantams we fell in love with at the local feed store and ended up with 3 feather foot Cochin bantams and 3 polish. I also have 3 Americans and one old game hen and one red, silver laces Wyandotte which we bought from a local breeder. I saved the wyandottes life from 3 huge red legern roosters. We love them all and they know it. :)

I'm not sure if I should post this here, but here goes anyway. Another Houdan had a bad cross beak. Now we have 13 chickens, 2 of which are Houdan hens. One has gotten her head feathers all muddy. I tried sponging them. It did do anything but make her wet. Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom