No Dry Stall avail, got PDZ, is it safe? Label a bit confusing

Manok-Tao

Songster
10 Years
Jan 6, 2010
W-S NC
Finally finished coop, picking up birds on friday and moving them in (rah!)
Went to TSC today to get various supplies to set up coop. Looked for Stall-Dry, Stall-boy and couldn't find it. When I asked they replied it's no longer carried and the new product is PDZ. I went ahead and bought it, I think it was $8 for 20#.
Here's what the label reads:
Seet PDZ
Stall Freshener, Amonia remover, All Natural/NON-Toxic, All natural Clinoptiolite.

Then off in a corner on the front of the bag: First Aid, Flush with water if ingested by humans or animals.

That seemed a bit contradictory to the main printing on the bag??? The product is kinda granular about the size of rough sand.

Has anyone used this?

Thanks for the quick reply Seminole....
So I'm not concerned about the girls "ingesting any of this and then flushing them with water"..lol

Quote:
Have not used it, but am leery seeing as what you read from the label. Tack shops and co-ops sell it, or used to. If you install a properly sized poop board, you will never need an ounce of stall-dri. Just scrape the poop board daily
sickbyc.gif
and your litter should last a long while. I keep 24 chooks in an 8 x 16 coop and my litter lasts a year with only topping it off every three months or so. I do pck up poop if I see it on floor, but that is not often or very much as they spend their days in their run and only come in to eat or roost over night.

Last edited:
I'll have poop boards and they will definetly be keeped clean. Had a few hens a few years back and my set up was pathetic (for me and the hens) Guess i'm just taking all the pro's on coop maintenance and wanting to implement them at the onset.

Actually in thinking about it as I type this I'm not going to use the PDZ. If I do; it may mask amonia smells that if I did smell them I would know I have a ventillation isssue. Reciept saved; it's going back to TSC.

I have been using PDz for over a year. It works great, less dust because it is grandular. We use it in the coop and in the run. Chickens don't even care about it.

I just had to buy that as TSC no longer carries the other. On the PDZ website it says that if chickens eat it, it helps as grit????? Anyway it says that it is safe for birds, so why the label, who knows!

My ts had it on sale 6.99 plus a 2.00 coupon on the bag so for 4.99 bought a few bags,used a bag in a 12x14' pen then it snowed so going to try again but birds did not care about it just not sue how well it worked.On my list for todays to do list.

1.What is a "poop" board?
2. Any pics of yours?
3. How is it used?
4. What material is a poop board made of?
5. How big is a poop board supposed to be?
6. Do they sell them at TSC?
7. How is it cleaned if it is cleaned?

Back
Top Bottom