No eggs @ 19 weeks, just plays in nesting box along with pooping

Ok, so I raised their rooster above the nesting box and used a 6 inch wide long plank of wood and at first they were huddled together on top of the nesting box but when I picked them up an put them on the rooster 4 of them stayed an two jumped down, then when they seen that the others liked it,one walked the ramp and I had to show my feisty one how to get up to them. Hopefully they continue to stay on it tonight.....Thank you all for your great advice.. its working...

yuckyuck.gif

Even if not meant as funny made me laugh. The irony of it all.

The real irony about the whole situation is I'm constantly going outside to the coop to see what I can do to improve their standard of living, from the time I wakeup til I go to bed... Chickens chickens chickens..... I'm obsessed

The real irony about the whole situation is I'm constantly going outside to the coop to see what I can do to improve their standard of living, from the time I wakeup til I go to bed... Chickens chickens chickens..... I'm obsessed
Yeah, most of us have been there....I still do that if there's a problem to monitor or new pullets are near to laying.
Frequent visits can be good because it gets them used to you being around in and in their space.
It also gets you 'observation time'...more observation can lead to greater learning, sit quietly and observe, meditate, deep breathing...patience..lol!.
Changing things in the coop/run too often can stress them out tho...so be aware.

I was just reading about combs and wattles and my RIR combs and wattles appear to be a medium to dark red an of a good size along with their wattles. They are starting to adjust to the younger ones... Though when I went out this morning to check on them an open the door my babies came running to me to eat. They have food in their area but prefer being brave an eating from the big feeder...

Back
Top Bottom