No eggs are hatching.

I have got a lady contacted me that her Indian runner ducks weren't hatched yet at day 33. What she should do. If she should throw them out. Is asked; have you candled them ever? No she hadn't. Well; that increases the chances a bit they might just not be fertile in the first place or were but died in the proces... I asked her to buy a candling lamp to check if they are even alive still and explained what to look for and offered that she could send me pictures. She bought one, the next day it arrived, she was going to candle them in the evening after work...and when she went on to do that (now day 34) 5 chicks from the 16 eggs had hatched in the hatching machine! The next day, day 35, the rest followed and all 16 had hatched :)
All happy and healthy. Just all late haha!

The bunch I have in my brooder are probably going to be on different days too. They are from 3 hens; all mated by the same drake and all eggs collected on the same days, and all set in the same brooder at the same time. All alive and well during candling; but the ones from hen A. are two days behind on growth, the ones from hen B. right on time, and the ones from hen C. 2 days ahead! It has been this during te whole proces.
I guess it can be just like humans; some women often have baby's that are eager to get out before the 'date' and some have baby's that all want to stay a tad longer :) It can run in the family.

I have got a lady contacted me that her Indian runner ducks weren't hatched yet at day 33. What she should do. If she should throw them out. Is asked; have you candled them ever? No she hadn't. Well; that increases the chances a bit they might just not be fertile in the first place or were but died in the proces... I asked her to buy a candling lamp to check if they are even alive still and explained what to look for and offered that she could send me pictures. She bought one, the next day it arrived, she was going to candle them in the evening after work...and when she went on to do that (now day 34) 5 chicks from the 16 eggs had hatched in the hatching machine! The next day, day 35, the rest followed and all 16 had hatched :)
All happy and healthy. Just all late haha!

The bunch I have in my brooder are probably going to be on different days too. They are from 3 hens; all mated by the same drake and all eggs collected on the same days, and all set in the same brooder at the same time. All alive and well during candling; but the ones from hen A. are two days behind on growth, the ones from hen B. right on time, and the ones from hen C. 2 days ahead! It has been this during te whole proces.
I guess it can be just like humans; some women often have baby's that are eager to get out before the 'date' and some have baby's that all want to stay a tad longer :) It can run in the family.
My worry with this lot is that just after the first week our incubator went off for well over 12 hours. Few days later we checked to see if they were even fertile sure enough out of 10 two were not fertile and one died so the last 7 are

My broody brahma mama Apple Bottom :) has been dutifully working on hatching eggs for 21 days. Only one has shown signs of life. I last candled at day 13 and it was looking good. I've seen no signs of pipping and can't really get close enough to hear if it's moving inside. I also don't want to disturb her too much. Any thoughts on how I should proceed?

My broody brahma mama Apple Bottom :) has been dutifully working on hatching eggs for 21 days. Only one has shown signs of life. I last candled at day 13 and it was looking good. I've seen no signs of pipping and can't really get close enough to hear if it's moving inside. I also don't want to disturb her too much. Any thoughts on how I should proceed?

Can you shine the candle light on the air-sack part without moving the eggs or make mama move too much? Depends a bit on how mama reacts I guess.

no, not really. Mama left the nest for her 30 minute stretch/eat/poop/squawk session yesterday, and i hope that was ok. No pipping and no sounds that I could tell. Guess I just need to be patient for a couple more days.

My worry with this lot is that just after the first week our incubator went off for well over 12 hours. Few days later we checked to see if they were even fertile sure enough out of 10 two were not fertile and one died so the last 7 are
They are popping at the barrow end of the egg is this the issue?

Back
Top Bottom