No eggs at all...even from our Pullets

kannada35

In the Brooder
9 Years
Aug 17, 2010
Woodville
We are now up to 8 Chickens. We did have one who was providing us with an egg everyday. One other that was producing one egg every other day. In the last two months we have not seen a single egg. Betty, our hen that laid everyday is now losing feathers and one would also think she is losing weight. I figure she is molting as the rest of her behaviour is still the same. In September we added two Pullets that should have started by now and they are doing nothing other than getting larger. So, 8 Chickens and no eggs at all. We are thinking to just clean the slate and start fresh in the Spring (keeping the Pullets we have now).
Help....there must be some sort of reason for this.

We have 7 hens and 1 pullet....our hens are in a moult and I'm guessing that the pullet doesn't want to show them up, b/c we're getting nothing from her either... All of their combs are light pink. so....I don't see eggs in our near future just yet...But will welcome them with open arms.... And so will the ladies at work, so they can buy fresh eggs again.
smile.png

They say a moult can last for months...ours started the second week of Sept. and going strong, the feather lost has stopped tho....

Melinda

Add lights in the morning to extend their day and corn in the afternoon in addition to a healthy layer feed. I wouldn't start over because it's winter.

Thanks for the tips. We do not really want to start over. Kind of like the girls we have....lol. Will try a few things to see if we can help out more. I did read the info above and very helpful....thanks.

Back
Top Bottom