No energy and bright green poop!

[CONTENTEMBED=/t/625340/no-energy-and-bright-green-poop/30#post_15997758 layout=inline]​[/CONTENTEMBED]
  • The Safeguard dose I use is 0.23ml per pound orally for five days.
  • The Valbazen dose is 0.08ml per pound once and repeat in ten days.
[CONTENTEMBED=/t/625340/no-energy-and-bright-green-poop/30#post_15997758 layout=inline]​[/CONTENTEMBED]

Thank you Kathy! Somehow my notifications keep turning off or I would've responded sooner. I'm really baffled here as the doc at the Turlock lab said there were no parasites, cocci, etc. In the necropsy and that Fatty liver hemorrhagic syndrome was cause of death. I was also told the bird was fat. I guess I have a lot to learn. My sick girl is doing better it seems. No more watery poo, no squishy crop and no more green. The fecal and feed results should be available today or tomorrow along with the prelim. I have both Corid and Safeguard paste but am holding off for the results. I do not eat eggs but my family does. Please let me know if I am handling this wrong or missing something. Thanks.

Did you get the results back yet?

-Kathy

No, not yet. I think I'm going to need to call them. Hopefully no news is good news.

I got the report today and so far the only problem was the liver. Additional tests including fecal on my RIR are still pending.

Still no results and found this yesterday.

Everyone has been on Corid (outbreak dose) since finding this. We've changed their feed to Bar Ale and have cut down drastically on the treats. About 1/2 the flock is molting now with our RIR molting the hardest. She seems to be doing better but I am worried something has been missed. Also, the above droppings are not from my RIR. They're from the coop our Orp was in :(. I'll be making another call about the results. Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions on this? Also, is it safe to treat for both cocci & worms during a hard molt or is that too much on them? Sorry for the ramblings, I'm just scared for my flock.

Still no results and found this yesterday.

Everyone has been on Corid (outbreak dose) since finding this. We've changed their feed to Bar Ale and have cut down drastically on the treats. About 1/2 the flock is molting now with our RIR molting the hardest. She seems to be doing better but I am worried something has been missed. Also, the above droppings are not from my RIR. They're from the coop our Orp was in
sad.png
. I'll be making another call about the results. Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions on this? Also, is it safe to treat for both cocci & worms during a hard molt or is that too much on them? Sorry for the ramblings, I'm just scared for my flock.

Is that blood? Maybe an egg broke in her duct and she is bleeding internally?

Still no results :he Treated everyone w/Corid since finding blood and changed their diet. No more blood and everyone seems to be in really good health. I will update with results as soon as they come in but I have a feeling they didn't find anything. Thanks for asking :).

Still no results
he.gif
Treated everyone w/Corid since finding blood and changed their diet. No more blood and everyone seems to be in really good health. I will update with results as soon as they come in but I have a feeling they didn't find anything. Thanks for asking
smile.png

I had a bunch of blood one time and could never figure out whassup with that. All the hens were fine. So maybe some blood vessel in their vent?

Update- Some results still pending but thought I'd post what I just received. No parasites were found and I sent 3 different samples from 3 different birds along with Buffy's body. So far so good but I still feel that something is off with Purdy :idunno. She is pretty much hanging back from the rest of the flock and just staying on the roost. I'm not sure who pooped the blood but it wasn't her. I think Betsy57 might be right about the blood vessel thing.

Back
Top Bottom