no internal pip on day 20

Quote:
If I need to up the Humidity I use a HUGE syringe and squirt it thru the air vent, water gots all over but the humidity goes up
lol.png

This was my 1st hatch also. Just candle it and see if there is movement up in the air sack/cell/what ever. If there is, then you are good to go and should pip the egg soon. It took my duckling 36 hrs after lockdown to pip and then another 27 hours to zip and push out the shell. Oh and it was already up in the air ack before I went into lockdown.
This last egg isnt even up in there yet. I told my hubby hes got 2 days them in going in to drag him out
lol.png
naaa jokeing

Nobody should be candling on Day 20, IMO. That's when you should be waiting, patiently (yeah, right) for the chicks to do what they do by instinct.

Do not take any eggs out of the incubator that close to hatch date, folks.

Quote:
whoops im soo new to incubating so i dont really know what and what not to do...will they still be ok?? im suxch a worry wart haa

They will be fine.. Since you are just on day 20 I would just leave them alone. You will get used to this incubation thing.. I would say that it becomes a second nature, but I would be fibbing... It's just as fun the 100th time.

Quote:
If I need to up the Humidity I use a HUGE syringe and squirt it thru the air vent, water gots all over but the humidity goes up
lol.png

Thanks, great tip. I really want to drill an aquarium tubing size hole in the top and run a tube into there. Not sure if I will screw it up though so I've been hesitant.

Back
Top Bottom