No longer keeping chickens. Selling 22 layers hatched May 09 & coop

ChickieNikki

Songster
10 Years
Mar 27, 2009
1 hour west of St. Louis, MO
My neighbors object to my chickens, and are becoming hateful and socially aggressive. In an effort to prevent my children from having to be exposed to the ugliness, I am getting rid of my chickens. My husband built a spectacular coop, complete with Pella picture window and outside-access nest boxes. It is 6' x 10', constructed from OSB, plywood, and 2x4 and 2x6 lumber. It raised 2' off the ground, and you could cut off the 4" cedar posts at the ground if you wanted to keep it raised, or at the coop if you want it to be ground level. It has a SunTuff polycarb roof and a vinyl floor. There is a man access door and a single hung window which serves as the pop door. There are 3 7 1/2 foot long roosts and 2 two-foot long community nest boxes. We have made an enormous investment, and I know we cannot recoup our initial investment, but if I can get $900 for the coop and all the chickens, that would be great. The coop is very heavy--it would probably take 6-7 strong guys to load it onto a trailer. I live in Troy, MO, about 45 min NW of St. Louis. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
I'm sorry ...
hugs.gif

im so sorry to hear but i have been there and still having the issues with my nieghbors and they are family so i know how you feel its so sad that theres chicken haters . im sending a big hug from PA

How sad...I am so sorry for you, the children and your girls. Why must people be so nasty and mean...*sigh*

That's awful, what lousy neighbors. Minding there own business is what they should be doing. I wish I didn't have neighbors at all. I wish you could keep your chickies and not let those evil neighbors win.
somad.gif

Back
Top Bottom