Jdubb

In the Brooder
Mar 16, 2024
I have a 35$ cheapo incubator for my first hatch, 10 out of 12 eggs have embryos and I'm on day 18. I've seen reviews of this one with fluffy chicks running around inside that also had ducks in the same batch so I think I'm good but there's no obvious ventilation. Unless the lip around the dome is just enough of a crack to draw fresh air around the edges idk. Got some eggs wiggling tonight, removed the auto roller this morning.

Attachments

• 20240327_203226.jpg
    20240327_203226.jpg
    407.5 KB · Views: 77
I have a 35$ cheapo incubator for my first hatch, 10 out of 12 eggs have embryos and I'm on day 18. I've seen reviews of this one with fluffy chicks running around inside that also had ducks in the same batch so I think I'm good but there's no obvious ventilation. Unless the lip around the dome is just enough of a crack to draw fresh air around the edges idk. Got some eggs wiggling tonight, removed the auto roller this morning.
Is there a fan in it? I assume so. I guess I'd see how this works as now it's a little late to try making adjustments, but one idea would be to just drill a small hole in it. I wouldn't do that if you have this successful of a hatch though as perhaps you're right and it's somehow drawing air in from the crack. Sounds weird though.

For someone whose fan broke, I suggested they get the smallest fish aquarium aerator and drill a hole the size of the tubing that comes with them, then another hole same size on the other side for ventilation.

But, you don't need to fix what's not broken, so again, if you have these 10/12 hatch, then I'd not touch a thing!

Best wishes for a successful hatch!

Is there a fan in it? I assume so. I guess I'd see how this works as now it's a little late to try making adjustments, but one idea would be to just drill a small hole in it. I wouldn't do that if you have this successful of a hatch though as perhaps you're right and it's somehow drawing air in from the crack. Sounds weird though.

For someone whose fan broke, I suggested they get the smallest fish aquarium aerator and drill a hole the size of the tubing that comes with them, then another hole same size on the other side for ventilation.

But, you don't need to fix what's not broken, so again, if you have these 10/12 hatch, then I'd not touch a thing!

Best wishes for a successful hatch!
That's kind of what I was thinking too! And the 2 that didn't develop I think we're either unfertilized or I had them on the shelf too long before incubation, I cracked them into the sink and it was just a yolk

Back
Top Bottom