non emergency, but what is this?

Jackie-83

Songster
May 26, 2020
Alabama
One of my girls has some swelling on her comb and a white area. Not sure if the discoloration is from the pressure or something else. There is tightness in the area but nothing that feels hard. It doesn't seem to cause any discomfort or pain. The comb is warm but not feverish. Its been this way for weeks. At first I thought it was a bug bite, but when it didn't go away I started looking for an injury, like maybe she had a splinter in there. I'm pretty sure there are no foreign materials in there. I've looked online and can't find anything that seems to fit. Any suggestions are helpful. She has recently had a bumble removed from her foot.
343298266_612740843918829_6782961347938846887_n.jpg

One of my girls has some swelling on her comb and a white area. Not sure if the discoloration is from the pressure or something else. There is tightness in the area but nothing that feels hard. It doesn't seem to cause any discomfort or pain. The comb is warm but not feverish. Its been this way for weeks. At first I thought it was a bug bite, but when it didn't go away I started looking for an injury, like maybe she had a splinter in there. I'm pretty sure there are no foreign materials in there. I've looked online and can't find anything that seems to fit. Any suggestions are helpful. She has recently had a bumble removed from her foot. View attachment 3515899
following

One of my girls has some swelling on her comb and a white area. Not sure if the discoloration is from the pressure or something else. There is tightness in the area but nothing that feels hard. It doesn't seem to cause any discomfort or pain. The comb is warm but not feverish. Its been this way for weeks. At first I thought it was a bug bite, but when it didn't go away I started looking for an injury, like maybe she had a splinter in there. I'm pretty sure there are no foreign materials in there. I've looked online and can't find anything that seems to fit. Any suggestions are helpful. She has recently had a bumble removed from her foot. View attachment 3515899
Hmmmm, not positive on what could be causing it. You could apply Manna-Pro Hen-Healer, it always seems to sooth and make skin problems eventually go away.

Update. Sorry for the lighting. Whatever this is has continued to grow. There is nothing on the skin of me comb that indicates injury or irritation. It does not seem to be external at all. The "swelling" and discoloration that I'm guessing is the pressure seems to not bother her at all. She's currently having other issues. So I'm trying to figure that out.

Attachments

• IMG_20230719_123959.jpg
    IMG_20230719_123959.jpg
    340.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20230719_124012.jpg
    IMG_20230719_124012.jpg
    294.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20230719_124027.jpg
    IMG_20230719_124027.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 10
Update. Sorry for the lighting. Whatever this is has continued to grow. There is nothing on the skin of me comb that indicates injury or irritation. It does not seem to be external at all. The "swelling" and discoloration that I'm guessing is the pressure seems to not bother her at all. She's currently having other issues. So I'm trying to figure that out.
Do you have a vet nearby? If it hasn't gone away by now, I would see one.

I don't have anyone who will treat chickens in my area. I call it her tumor. I think it actually is a tumor at this point. I've considered poking it with a needle just to see if its as solid at the seems.

Back
Top Bottom