Non PVC Feeders

dennymeyrand

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 13, 2013
I am looking for feeder ideas that aren't the treadle type or PVC. I want something I can put a whole bag of feed in and that the chickens can't scratch or scoop the feed out onto the floor. My birds are wasting a lot of feed right now.

Somewhere on these forums is an awesome feeder.. You cut the top off a bag and put the whole bag right in it and it gravity feeds out.. I made 2 feeders for my 2 coops with some scrap playwood and a 2x4.. I cut plywood around 30" wide and about 2 1/2 feet high.. Made another just a couple inches longer.. Put 2x4 between them the same length as the taller one so it made a box about 4 inches wide.. Then i just scrapped together a tray for the bottome where the shorter side it.. Mine each hold a 50# bag..

Search the forum for a thread called inventions.. There is a good one with multiple feeders

Can you post a link to the feeder you are referring to? I looked through the inventions pages and didn't find anything that I can use.

I dont know it offhand, havent went to that thread in like a year... Get creative.. I made mine on a whim.. Was about to put my skillsaw away and saw a sheet of plywood i hadnt put away yet.. I cut it just off center and threw 2x4 on each side and built a trey.. No pencil, no tapemeasure.. Took like an hour

Back
Top Bottom