Noob here, malfunctioning incubator- help me?

Twoandhelp

Chirping
Apr 7, 2015
I have 10 duck eggs in a still air incubator. They have been in for two weeks and are doing well. I bought another still air incubator for another 2 dozen eggs but it's not working- the temp even spiked to 105 the day after I put them in there. Will that temperature spike hurt them this early on? Now the temperature won't stay at 99.5. More like 85. I just sat them in incubator last night.

Next question. Can I put the new eggs in with the ones that have been incubating for 2 weeks? Or since they have different hatch rates is that a bad idea? I think I'll have to turn the temp down the last couple days before hatching so can they not be together?

Thanks for any help! I've never hatched eggs before.

Did you get control board wet? Washing it?

I got mine wet and temp spiked. .
Too it over to air hose and blew the moisture out.. now works fine..
Could be your problem idk

I have 10 duck eggs in a still air incubator. They have been in for two weeks and are doing well. I bought another still air incubator for another 2 dozen eggs but it's not working- the temp even spiked to 105 the day after I put them in there. Will that temperature spike hurt them this early on? Now the temperature won't stay at 99.5. More like 85. I just sat them in incubator last night.

Next question. Can I put the new eggs in with the ones that have been incubating for 2 weeks? Or since they have different hatch rates is that a bad idea? I think I'll have to turn the temp down the last couple days before hatching so can they not be together?

Thanks for any help! I've never hatched eggs before.

No it's a bad idea to put 2 different hatches in the same incubator.
It will affect the younger ones.

Last edited:
I'm taking the one that doesn't work back. I didnt get it wet- I think it's just not a good quality. I will separate them once they hatch for sure, I just didn't know if they could be in same incubator until then? Or will it hurt the younger eggs if I turn temp down a bit. I will have two browsers when they hatch

I'm taking the one that doesn't work back. I didnt get it wet- I think it's just not a good quality. I will separate them once they hatch for sure, I just didn't know if they could be in same incubator until then? Or will it hurt the younger eggs if I turn temp down a bit. I will have two browsers when they hatch

Ok then it should be fine!
thumbsup.gif

It could not to sure.

Back
Top Bottom