Norman the Rooster

Small update on Norman and Norma - they are doing well. They got to be out in the yard for most of the day today, and because our outdoor flock was elsewhere in the lot, they got to free range instead of just being in the outdoor pen. I did have to treat them for mites today - we've been having a truly awful outbreak of Northern Fowl Mites in the shop lately, which we've been fighting for several weeks. Thankfully, Norma and Norman had clearly only acquired them a few days ago - the bugs hadn't really taken a hold at all and I only saw a few on each bird. Nonetheless, they are gone now.

I've decided I'm going to AI Norma as soon as she starts laying again after her molt. If I don't set myself some kind of deadline, I'm never gonna do it! And though I'm not keen on the idea, I REALLY want babies. So if all goes well, in a few months we SHOULD have some Norma/n chicks running around.

No photos at the moment, obviously, but if @zephyricle stops by and sees me at work tomorrow, I'll see if she can get some photos with her phone at that time.

Honestly nowadays it's hard to find good pants that isn't that stretchy jetting bullcrap.

Anyways here's a few update photos from today as promised

Updated pictures are here early! (Well, technically several months late... But nonetheless they are here.

Featuring Norman, Norma, and their new digs. We recently remodeled a lot of the shop and I was able to move them from a crate to a small 7x2ish run. Norman and Norma are well. Norman did have a recent run in with mites (they were on his head of all places, hence my not finding them at first) and was feeling a bit down and out for a few days but is much better after being treated for them.

Norma finished her molt and has been laying for about a week. I did attempt AI this week :sick and I'm hoping it worked. Fingers crossed for some chicks.

Bonus photos of Norma attempting to Become The Void

Back
Top Bottom