Norman the Rooster

Here's the front of the shop and the back corner where we keep the indoor birds (Seramas, Norma/n, and youngsters).

The office. As you can see, we've rather got a theme going on.

Norman and Norma share the cage in the middle, while all the others hold various pairs and groups of Seramas.

The chick room! This is where all the little Norma/ns will go once they are hatched.

The backyard, where our resident flock, large breeders, and sale pullets go. We don't have any pullets currently for sale, so right now that pen is occupied by my boss' gang of Orp-crosses, as well as a few odds and ends.

Remember how I mentioned once we got the back, backyard cleaned up we'd be able to put in some breeding pens, including those for further generations of "Bates Bantams"? Well, as of recently, it got done! After removing three flatbed loads worth of old machines and junk from the backyard, it's ready to be fully cleaned up and have pens put in. That should occur sometime between now and next summer.

So lucky! I love the setups. Simple yet efficient. Good luck on the backyard, looks like it could be used to build a group of breeding pens.

I think your office is neat I love all the chicken related items even a chicken boarder on the wall. It looks like Norman and Norma will have plenty to eat since they live where you sell the chicken food. It looks like Norman proudly displays his ribbons that he has won. That's cute. I'm surprised he doesn't have more then just two.

The brooders are all sit up now all you need is some chicks. Let us know Saturday how the eggs are doing.

Thanks for sharing the pics and give Norman my love.

I wanna work where you do!!! It looks awesome. I fell in love with the Seramas at a fair I went to a few days ago. There was one little hen that would perch on your hand for forever!

Thanks for all the photos Queen Misha, helps us fill in blanks in our imagination. Gee I wonder if one of their female offspring should be "Norma Jean."

Well, I think you have to have a Norm [famous Aussie character 'Life Be In It' Norm]

Norton
Noland
Norbert

wink.png

Thanks for sharing your shop photos QueenMisha!

There are quite a few well-known Norman names:
Norman Reedus (from The Walking Dead)
Norman Rockwell (painter)
Norman Schwarzkoph (US General)
Norman Vincent Peale (theologist)
Norman Lear (tv producer)
Greg Norman (golfer)

Maybe you could do a play on a famous Norman for any little guys you hatch.

Back
Top Bottom