North to Alaska!

Pics
Its all good,,,,I have looked @ the swaps....I must admit ..I understand about the budget..I am out of room and I got 3 more hatches to go. 45 more A&M quail...16 FBC Marans,legbars& dozen plus of Welsummer and cuckoo bantams...Should make for a good May..Gonna shut down the bator after those..Its been running non stop since Feb. Well as for the japs ..They were the white Blacktail...Plus..I didn't get a great hatch @ all this last time.I got a Jap& 1 Golden seabright. That twice I have had bad with the Japs...thinking OF BLOWING MY BUDGET FOR MAY AND ODERING SOME UP FROM Ideal hatchery.....I keep putting it off because the incubator has been full and i have been expecting those birds. Well we will have to see..if I do do you want some BlackJaps...They have 5 or 6 color variations of them..Let me know if you interest...Good luck with the bator....Peace
thumbsup.gif

Its all good,,,,I have looked @ the swaps....I must admit ..I understand about the budget..I am out of room and I got 3 more hatches to go. 45 more A&M quail...16 FBC Marans,legbars& dozen plus of Welsummer and cuckoo bantams...Should make for a good May..Gonna shut down the bator after those..Its been running non stop since Feb. Well as for the japs ..They were the white Blacktail...Plus..I didn't get a great hatch @ all this last time.I got a Jap& 1 Golden seabright. That twice I have had bad with the Japs...thinking OF BLOWING MY BUDGET FOR MAY AND ODERING SOME UP FROM Ideal hatchery.....I keep putting it off because the incubator has been full and i have been expecting those birds. Well we will have to see..if I do do you want some BlackJaps...They have 5 or 6 color variations of them..Let me know if you interest...Good luck with the bator....Peace
thumbsup.gif
Just noticed you are hatching some FBC Marans. Will you be selling any? I live in Wasilla and might be interested.

That certainly does sound like a good may! I wish I could keep that many birds!
1 jap and one bright? Out of how many eggs?!?that's got to the the worst luck ever.
Where are you at? I might order with you. I just want 2 plain black ones. I always wanted that breed as a kid.

Thanks for the luck trust me I'm going to need it! It's my first attempt at hatching.

That certainly does sound like a good may! I wish I could keep that many birds!
1 jap and one bright? Out of how many eggs?!?that's got to the the worst luck ever.
Where are you at? I might order with you. I just want 2 plain black ones. I always wanted that breed as a kid.

Thanks for the luck trust me I'm going to need it! It's my first attempt at hatching.
Well this is my first yr raising birds in Alaska, Bought a house 4 yrs ago and have been getting the itch to do this.I am not sure if I can with this many bird.. I live off McGrath Rd .In Fbx..I am zoned no hoofed animals
Once then roos start rolling see how my neighbors are.
To me its not any different than a barking dog.
I do remember last fall before I stopped smoking I would step outside and early am hear a roo crowing in the distance.It sounded good to me,
woot.gif

I started out with 10 japs and 6 seabright. That was my 2nd attempt @ Japs and my 3Rd that did not do to well
he.gif
. But I have adjust my incubator.I remember I didn't let either set over night..I just put them in the incubator..both sets of eggs sat @ the Post office overnight .I assumed the would be okay. We will see Just follow those instructions.. Letting mine set over night was the only step I was not doing ...Was not bad luck,,just a huge oversight on my par
he.gif
t. I will let you know if i make an order. I had a trio of Japs when I was a kid in Arkansas growing up... I got the wife blessing so I am all good on that side,,,hahah PEACE,,,,
wee.gif

I'm out in gold stream area and my landlord says I can do whatever I want as long as its not "silly". Meaning like run a circus or something of that nature.
So I think I'm going to get a goat or a sheep for my little farm stead. I'm pretty far back in the woods.

It's a lot of directions to follow for shipped eggs. I was surprised.

Oh yes please do! I'm also looking for more people at least 5 in total before I set up an actual meeting of the Alaskan flock talk group.

Off topic, I guess, but I have a question:

Currently we are buying our layer pellet feed at Walmart in a 50 lb bag for just under $14. Is there anything cheaper in Alaska? I'm browsing the possibility of using Amazon and free super saver shipping from the lower 48 but no luck yet.

Back
Top Bottom