North to Alaska!

Pics
Off topic, I guess, but I have a question:

Currently we are buying our layer pellet feed at Walmart in a 50 lb bag for just under $14. Is there anything cheaper in Alaska? I'm browsing the possibility of using Amazon and free super saver shipping from the lower 48 but no luck yet.
I am not a Wal Mart Supporter
tongue.gif
... I work @ Fred Meyers..So I like to spend it where I earn it...$14 a bag is 1/2 of what I pay for Organic @ Alaska Feed. I try to support local feed from Delta and there is one in Anchorage that I buy from. Before I turn to Ebay auctions.Hope that helps Sarah..Do you guys have and feed stores in the valley there,,,?
D.gif
,Should be one,,If not I am move there to start one then.
thumbsup.gif

I am not a Wal Mart Supporter
tongue.gif
... I work @ Fred Meyers..So I like to spend it where I earn it...$14 a bag is 1/2 of what I pay for Organic @ Alaska Feed. I try to support local feed from Delta and there is one in Anchorage that I buy from. Before I turn to Ebay auctions.Hope that helps Sarah..Do you guys have and feed stores in the valley there,,,?
D.gif
,Should be one,,If not I am move there to start one then.
thumbsup.gif
The feed we get is Manna I believe but I'd have to double check. I don't know if its organic or not but we get what we can afford. Unfortunately Fred Meyers has always been a bit overpriced for us so we have to shop at Walmart. I'm not that old but it still is crazy to be able to remember back to when we had neither! We have Animal Food Warehouse and they are the only feed store I'm aware of out here but they are pretty expensive. Egg cleanser at Walmart: $8.99 but at Animal Food Watehouse its $13+. I try not to buy anything from them unless they are the only ones that carry it. We'll just stick with what we are getting then since it appears to be cheapest.

All right well as long as we are on the subject of feed.
I need a decently price Alaska milled organic feed.
Recommendations?
I was also considering mixing my own.
Any thoughts?

I'd like some recommendations as well! I don't mind paying a few dollars extra, even. I had heard that somewhere up north is actually GROWING the feed... does anyone know more about this? I just have 2 geese at the moment, but I'll have chickens sooner or later!

I guess you have heard of Don's Layer Feed. Alaska Feed carries it, from what I saw of it, crumbles was very powdery, and expensive. . . Now if you could buy directly from them, that might help out on the cost.

What do you mean by up north? Towards the Arctic Circle or Delta? I would like to grow my own someday... But that doesn't count for much does it.

Last edited:
I guess you have heard of Don's Layer Feed. Alaska Feed carries it, from what I saw of it, crumbles was very powdery, and expensive. . . Now if you could buy directly from them, that might help out on the cost.

What do you mean by up north? Towards the Arctic Circle or Delta? I would like to grow my own someday... But that doesn't count for much does it.

I'm guessing around Delta... I'd like to grow it here too!

I went back to Walmart to look at their "Alaskan" feed and the cost and the gentleman that works in the back informed me that the "Alaskan grown" feed they sell in milled in the lower 48 and only bagged up here. The cheap stuff I buy was bagged two weeks ago so I'm not too worried about it being stale so I think I'll be okay and I will stick with that stuff for now.

Back
Top Bottom