North to Alaska!

Pics
not bad the one did not make it but kinda figured that one. gota get the coop finished hahaha
Gitter dun,,,,
wee.gif
woot.gif

It's been chilly and rainy out here. But, my chickens are doing good. Let me know if any of you are headed out this way!

OK.... How many of you'll let your chickens eat horse tail?

How much horse tail?

Any ill effects?

AK Bird Brain told me years back that her chickens got horse tail with grass clippings and never had any problems.

However, I have had horses, and with horses it is a big health issue ( I know mammals don't = poultry)

But, I still, every morning when the chicken tractor gets moved, pick out at least most of the horse tail before letting the chickens out.

Anyone else have experience with chickens eating horse tail?

OK.... How many of you'll let your chickens eat horse tail?

How much horse tail?

Any ill effects?

AK Bird Brain told me years back that her chickens got horse tail with grass clippings and never had any problems.

However, I have had horses, and with horses it is a big health issue ( I know mammals don't = poultry)

But, I still, every morning when the chicken tractor gets moved, pick out at least most of the horse tail before letting the chickens out.

Anyone else have experience with chickens eating horse tail?

Mine eat all they can get at, with no ill effects. They prefer the young shoots and as the horsetail matures and dries out the chickens eat less of it. Of course, they always have layer crumbles 24/7 free feed.

Back
Top Bottom