North to Alaska!

Pics
I'll be coming back to Alaska in a few weeks and was wondering if any fellow Alaskans are interested in Blue Copper/Splash Marans hatching eggs?

I have pictures in the for sale section if you're interested in viewing. Thanks!
Where will you be landing? Fairbanks <> the Valley...? How much for eggs....reach me here,, Any thing else you can get your hands on?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/AlaskaFlockTalkSwap/

No problem, and again sorry for the confusion. When they actually lay I will see if anyone would like some. I think I will bring the incubator with in case anyone wants chicks rather than eggs.

I was thinking that in Alaska it might be good to hatch chicks out in July-August so they get a good start before winter sets in and then by Spring they would be ready to lay.

Any input would be helpful.

No problem, and again sorry for the confusion. When they actually lay I will see if anyone would like some. I think I will bring the incubator with in case anyone wants chicks rather than eggs.

I was thinking that in Alaska it might be good to hatch chicks out in July-August so they get a good start before winter sets in and then by Spring they would be ready to lay.

Any input would be helpful.
I hatch early part of the yr Jan to April. most folks are no in need of chick. Most want 4 t0 5 month old birds going into winter months. Starts getting cold in August...i want laying hen by May..See

Ahhh good to know, makes sense. I usually leave the beginning of Sept and I didn't think it was that cold in Kenai area then. But a 4-5 month old hen would handle the winters better. Thanks!

My homemade automatic watering station for inside the coop from stuff I had laying about. Total cost: $0.00

I figure next winter (if need be) I'll put one on my seed warming mats underneath to keep it from freezing! The bay that the waterer is in is accessed from inside my workshop... just like the nesting boxes and feeding station. The white plastic inside the tray is there because my girls were used to drinking out of a white container before and (didn't notice) the water without it in the tray.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom