North to Alaska!

Pics
I'm going to be Anchorage next Thursday and Friday. I have a couple interviews for jobs. I am hoping that in the next few months, my family and I will be moving to Alaska with our flock of Swedish Flower Hens, Lavendar Orpingtons and Narragansett Turkeys. Of course the dogs and cat will come as well. If we can swing it, we'll bring the goats too.

I'm going to be Anchorage next Thursday and Friday.  I have a couple interviews for jobs.  I am hoping that in the next few months, my family and I will be moving to Alaska with our flock of Swedish Flower Hens, Lavendar Orpingtons and Narragansett Turkeys.  Of course the dogs and cat will come as well.  If we can swing it, we'll bring the goats too.

Good luck! :D

I'm going to be Anchorage next Thursday and Friday.  I have a couple interviews for jobs.  I am hoping that in the next few months, my family and I will be moving to Alaska with our flock of Swedish Flower Hens, Lavendar Orpingtons and Narragansett Turkeys.  Of course the dogs and cat will come as well.  If we can swing it, we'll bring the goats too.

I am from Silver Springs. Left as a kid. Traveled around the country and came to Alaska as an 18 yr old on my own. Welcome!

I am from Silver Springs. Left as a kid. Traveled around the country and came to Alaska as an 18 yr old on my own. Welcome!
I have lived across the US myself. Most of that time has been in Rocky Mountain states and mid-west. I am an Okie.

Now, 30+ years into my life, my wife and I figured out that Alaska is where we want to raise our family. With any luck we will be up there just in time for winter. Nothing like an Alaska winter to break you in, right?

I arrived in august of 1988 8.5 months pregnant with a two year old also. I went straight through to Soldotna. It was 20 below for 2 weeks straight my first winter. I am still here

Last edited:
Bubbly Mermaid (seafood apps and champagne)
The Bridge (local seafood)
Marx Bros ($$$ but great)
White Spot (breakfast and lunch - get the halibut sandwich)
Fat Ptarmigan (pizza)
Muse (owned by Marx Bros, good prices)
Beartooth
Jens
Pho Vietnam

Back
Top Bottom