North to Alaska!

Pics
Unfortunately I had to head back outside... thanks for the help with food. I was able to take in Beartooth and Gingers. If there is anything that this trip cemented, it is my resolve to get myself to Alaska ASAP. I really can't imagine a better place to be... sure beats the DC area!

I just joined BYC and live in AK as well. We live in Big Lake and have 8 hens, 8 pullets and 1 rooster. We are getting ready to go into our second winter with our birds. Last year we did not have any problems with them staying warm. It is a little bit more work during the cold months, but it is totally worth it.

I am also in Big Lake, Alaska. So nice to see so many Alaskans here!! I have 34 chickens, turkeys and a couple of geese. I have had some terrible bird winters, but alas, last year went smooth. I have never wintered over turkeys or geese, will see how this goes. :D Lived in Alaska for 38 years now, Anchorage, Wasilla, King Cove and Big Lake.
Looking forward to meeting everyone!!

I am also in Big Lake, Alaska. So nice to see so many Alaskans here!! I have 34 chickens, turkeys and a couple of geese. I have had some terrible bird winters, but alas, last year went smooth. I have never wintered over turkeys or geese, will see how this goes. :D Lived in Alaska for 38 years now, Anchorage, Wasilla, King Cove and Big Lake.
Looking forward to meeting everyone!!

Geese are easy...they don't feel the cold as much as chickens.

I hated the turkey I tried last year...always looked cold, might just be me since other people say they aren't that difficult.

Hey all
Just wanted to say hello and make myself known. We live outside of Palmer so if you live in AK give me a hello and especially if you live in my area.

Thanks

It is cold, i am building my bantam coop, and am not quite finished.

Earlier photo:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom