North to Alaska!

Pics
New Chicken guru checking in from Wasilla. 42 year Alaskan, had chickens, turkeys (32 total) back when I was a kid; hopefully it will be a different experience now. lol ....... Looking at getting 10 layers, building both a coop and a chicken tractor (for the summer months), looking forward to the adventure!
ya.gif

Curt

New Chicken guru checking in from Wasilla. 42 year Alaskan, had chickens, turkeys (32 total) back when I was a kid; hopefully it will be a different experience now. lol ....... Looking at getting 10 layers, building both a coop and a chicken tractor (for the summer months), looking forward to the adventure! :ya

Curt

Welcome, and congrats! I love my poultry. I grew up with them as a kid, and have gotten back into them as an adult.

Mine hate going outside in the winter. I get a bunch of wind, and they don't like the snow.

I keep the feed and water outside as much as I can, to force them out. However, I also have LOTS of square feet of indoor space, close to 10 square feet per bird, so that I don't have to worry about egg eating and feather eating, and other bad stuff.

So.....make it as big as you can.

Also, my chickens get to have the greenhouse in the winter. I know a bunch of other Alaskans do that too.

Welcome, and congrats! I love my poultry. I grew up with them as a kid, and have gotten back into them as an adult.

Mine hate going outside in the winter. I get a bunch of wind, and they don't like the snow.

I keep the feed and water outside as much as I can, to force them out. However, I also have LOTS of square feet of indoor space, close to 10 square feet per bird, so that I don't have to worry about egg eating and feather eating, and other bad stuff.

So.....make it as big as you can.

Also, my chickens get to have the greenhouse in the winter. I know a bunch of other Alaskans do that too.

You wouldn't happen to be a member of AODD? If you are, you will know what it means. :)

nope, what does it mean?

Ahhh, no biggy. It's an Alaska hunting/fishing forum site. Alaska Outdoors Directory . com. Your mannerisms reminded me of a member there, and he is from your neck of the woods; it's a compliment, no worries.
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom