North to Alaska!

Pics
I know lots of people use those automatic doors... But they scare me...
idunno.gif
I am scared one will get trapped outside.

Me too. MDH says they are on a cycle but I don't care.

One of my hens sat and this fall she hatched 4, so now I have 4 chickens and I'm not sure if what sex they are can anyone tell me how to determine this! I'm pretty sure one of the 4 is a male, he is crowing, not sure on the rest though!!! I live in Wasilla alaska

One of my hens sat and this fall she hatched 4, so now I have 4 chickens and I'm not sure if what sex they are can anyone tell me how to determine this! I'm pretty sure one of the 4 is a male, he is crowing, not sure on the rest though!!! I live in Wasilla alaska

If one is old enough to tell, you should be able to see thin pointy feathers at the neck and tail base on the males, rounded feathers for girls.

Maybe you would want to look at the photos in the "what breed and gender is this" section.

This depends a lot on what breed. With Silkie you can not tell until they are crowing, Welsummer you can tell at day of hatch. What breed do you have? Oh photos help to.

How much snow in Delta Junction?

I only have... 6 inches max... Down near Homer.
My house is somewhat protected from the wind, so I think I have around 6-8" on the ground. All of the unprotected areas the wind has blown away the snow and left bare ground. I work on the roads and grounds department on Greely, the lack of snow is getting irritating. :(

Back
Top Bottom