North to Alaska!

Pics
On the one hand I am happy that I do not have to spend hours every day plowing and shoveling.

On the other hand, the kack of water for the water table is worrisome. Also, yet another year of "extended fall" instead of a proper winter is just weird.

On the one hand I am happy that I do not have to spend hours every day plowing and shoveling.

On the other hand, the kack of water for the water table is worrisome. Also, yet another year of "extended fall" instead of a proper winter is just weird.

I agree. My driveway looks great! Perhaps the mosquitos won't be too bothersome. Although fire hazards come to mind, unless is rains all summer. Last time it rained all summer, at work I was mowing mushy fields and at home it was so cold my zucchinis died!
barnie.gif

Mine were summer established plants, perhaps that gave them an edge? I think peppers might actually be perennials to a certain extent, so they might have gone into a mild dormant state. My house isn't too cold for the most part, but despite the large windows there isn't enough light. My back bathroom gets cold enough(during really cold weather) to put a thin layer of ice in the toilet. I use that room to store dormant Amaryllis bulbs.

I have a sister that used to live in Texas, she had a pepper plant that got over ten years old, super thick main stem, giant bush kind of thing, loaded with peppers every summer. She had it outside in her garden!

Hello everyone,

I hope you are well. I am writing to you from Off The Fence a production company in the UK where we are producing a documentary series on the wildlife in and around Anchorage.

We are looking to speak to backyard chicken owners and poultry enthusiasts in the Anchorage area and were hoping this might be a good place to start!

We would love to chat to a backyard chicken owner to find out, amongst other things, what it takes to keep chickens in Alaska and what precautions and measures you have to take in order to protect their chickens from other wildlife such as Bears and Lynx's.

Any advice on this topic would be greatly received. If anyone in the Anchorage area would be open to discussing it further over email or phone please feel free to private message me and i will be in touch.

Many Thanks,

Jack

Hello everyone,

I hope you are well. I am writing to you from Off The Fence a production company in the UK where we are producing a documentary series on the wildlife in and around Anchorage.

We are looking to speak to backyard chicken owners and poultry enthusiasts in the Anchorage area and were hoping this might be a good place to start!

We would love to chat to a backyard chicken owner to find out, amongst other things, what it takes to keep chickens in Alaska and what precautions and measures you have to take in order to protect their chickens from other wildlife such as Bears and Lynx's.

Any advice on this topic would be greatly received. If anyone in the Anchorage area would be open to discussing it further over email or phone please feel free to private message me and i will be in touch.

Many Thanks,

Jack

I unfortunately don't live in that area. If you don't find what you are looking for here, check Facebook for Anchorage based community groups.

Back
Top Bottom