Northeast Ohio Greetings

Maplemaam

Chirping
6 Years
Mar 12, 2016
Geauga County, Ohio
Hello from Geauga County in northeast Ohio. We are blessed to have 31 acres in a semi-rural area, and we have recently begun to make it more farm-like. About 7 years ago we began tapping our maple trees and producing 25-30 gallons of maple syrup each year. We love working together with friends and family each year on this venture.

About a year ago we began contemplating adding fresh eggs to our productions and just about 2 weeks ago bought our 6 Golden Comet pullets. We plan on building our coop in a few weeks during our spring break, so we are busy looking at plans for a (hopefully) flock of 12. We are learning as we go about chicken development, etc. and loving every minute...OK...I don't really love cleaning out the box so much.

I am grateful to my friend, Kait, who told me about this site and is encouraging us as we go. I look forward to reading about others of us newbie chicken folks and learning from you experts.

Have you checked out the coops section, many styles, sizes, varieties - some with photos of each step of the build? You may also like to check your state thread and find out what is going on around you.
welcome-byc.gif

My husband and I have been looking at the larger coops since we ultimately want to have a dozen chickens or so. We found one we really like today and hope to modify a bit and begin working on in a week or so. I will check out the Ohio thread, as well. Thanks for the advice!

Hi and welcome to BYC. If its possible, I'd suggest building a coop that accommodates far more than the 12 chickens you intend to have - chicken maths is a curse on us all
smile.png

All the best
CT

Hello from another Geauga County resident! We have 6 chickens so far, with plans to add another 10 or so now that our coop is done.

Hello from another Geauga County resident! We have 6 chickens so far, with plans to add another 10 or so now that our coop is done.
Hello! We are new to this, just getting our first 6 chicks last month. I'm already hooked, and last week I ordered 6 more that should arrive in late April. My husband and I are busily working on our coop, and I am trying to learn all of the things I should have learned before I bought those darling babies.

So far all is well...chicks are growing nicely and are fairly friendly. I just wish this crazy Geauga county weather would cooperate, so I could get those chickens outside some.

Back
Top Bottom