NORTHERN California!

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
I grew up (18 years) on Hazel Ave in Orangevale. I think there are people who just don't understand chickens. I would much rather hear a rooster once in a while then some dog barking all day since it's owner left it alone and its bored!

I'm planning on moving to Hayward (northern Cal) this summer, and was wondering if anyone knows the rules and regs regarding chickens there? Thanks.

Originally from Alameda, CA. We had about 10 chickens in our backyard there. Then we moved to Grass Valley, where I got into horses, but we got two Barred Rocks there as well. Now I am settled in Sacramento, will be getting a barred rock chick and an EE chick in the end of April. I live RIGHT on the edge of city limits off Freeport.. Hush Hush lol

Hi! Not sure if we're quite Northern or not, but I live in Bishop, CA near Mammoth mountain if you skii. We have a chicken preventing ordinance that's trying to pass in our town, but it's doubtful it will. It's one guy complaining in a completely agricultural town. Luckily I live about ten minutes out of town though, just in case it does. I raise Dewlap Toulouse and LF Salmon Faverolles if anyone is interested.

The Stockton show was fun this year! It's a long drive though from here, a whole 14 hours round trip. But definitely worth it. It's nice to be on BYC and everyone is so friendly.
tongue.png

Quote:
I don't know the legalities, but I know plenty of people in Hayward who have chickens and you can hear roos in lots of areas. What part of Hayward are you moving to. That also makes a difference I think.

OH!!! Left Alemeda County last year and now living in Modesto.

I don't know that Bishop would be Northern Ca but it sure is a beautiful place to live! I've driven through it a few times- I love the Eastern Sierra.

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom