Northern Pintail Incubation- They've hatched!

SallysCrazyFarm

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 28, 2012
PA
Hello everyone. I've just set my first pintail hatching eggs. None of my chicken hens are broody so I placed them in the incubator to attempt to hatch them. Anybody have any tips on these guys? I've successfully hatched wood ducks awhile back but should I do anything different? And how long do they incubate for, I've heard 21, 25 and 28 days? Thanks in advance
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
I raise them and I have had no luck putting them straight in the incubator. They always stay under the momma for 7-10 days (until they start developing) and once she pulls her feathers to next I take them.. if I take them before them I give them tothe silkie/cochins.. they are always broody and good to ahve a few around

If you figure out let me know..

Well, I've had these pintail eggs in my bator since day 1. Three have hatched on day 23 and two beginning to zip now on day 24. I wasn't expecting them to hatch this early. Didn't have time to remove the turner and add my non slip material inside. They are so tiny! I've just hatched out geese so maybe that's why they seem so little lol I'll take more pics once they are all hatched and fluffed up
big_smile.png

Congrats! I know im a few years late on this post but im trying to hatch a few. Did you candle them before they hatched by chance? Im on day 18 and the egg isnt as full as im expecting. Is this normal with ducks? I had three pass on me last week when i put them in lock down. I'm not sure what happened. Hoping these will hatch, theres still a lot of movement inside. I'm just not sure how there supposed to look this late in game. Could the humidity be to low? Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help.

Back
Top Bottom