Northwest National Poultry Show//APA Semi-Annual Meet in Stevenson, WA

WallTenters

Songster
9 Years
Feb 16, 2010
Sweet Home, OR
Anyone going?
big_smile.png
A friend and I are hoping to go but she is waiting on her son to decide if he'd rather go to this show or to the Havana Nationals in Reno.

Anyway, we are considering bringing a handful of Dominiques to hopefully lure out more fans and to get feedback from the judges to see if we're missing any faults or merits in our flock.

We are planning on going. It is only about a 3 hour drive for us, to close to miss. We will be bringing a couple Dominiques, Buff Chanteclers, and Saxony Ducks.

Quote:
Be sure to ask Sam Brush about your Dominiques, he breeds them and could help you out. Sam should be there considering that he is the APA president.

Thanks
big_smile.png
Yes, I actually had a pretty embarrassing conversation the other day with him... I saw an ad in the APA yearbook that mentioned Dominiques so I called and was chatting his ear off (while being totally distracted and ADD-like with everything around me - oh look, a pony!) and we were talking about birds. I asked him if he was going to the Stevenson show (to be polite.. I figured no since the ad was from Texas) and he said "well, I kind of have to".... long pause.... "I'm the president of the APA". I looked down at the ad, read the name again, "oh! You are."
big_smile.png

When I think Dominiques, I have a one-track mind!
big_smile.png

Don't worry, Sam is not the kind of guy to hold anything against you. Just remember the only way to learn is to listen............

Really looking forward to making it there this year, not sure if I will or not though. If I am, I'll certainly be bringing some birds to show, at least an Ameraucana hen.

Yes it was wonderful to talk to someone so informed about the breed (and birds in general). I love talking to chicken folk, even if they don't have Dominiques - it's amazing some of the tips and tricks you can learn just by striking up a conversation with someone new
big_smile.png

Its always a learning experience! We have a livingroom full of clean birds drying off in kennels for a show next weekend right now. I cant wait for this upcoming show and to go to Stevenson!

I'm interested in driving up from Southern Oregon. But I'm having a hard time finding the info for the show. Would someone please post a link!?

Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom