Not an Easter Egger

Ummm.... "Ameracana" (note spelling) is a corruption of the spelling of the breed Ameraucana, which is a true breed while "Ameracana" is not. Any spelling other than Ameraucana is not the true breed. Americana, Ameracauna, etc, all are ways for uninformed or unscrupulous breeders to sell mutt breeds, or EEs to people while trying to convince them they are actually selling them Ameraucanas. EEs are very nice birds and I love mine, but I know what they are not.
They never said an Ameraucana was an EE. Americana is how most hatcheries spell them

Ummm.... "Ameracana" (note spelling) is a corruption of the spelling of the breed Ameraucana, which is a true breed while "Ameracana" is not. Any spelling other than Ameraucana is not the true breed. Americana, Ameracauna, etc, all are ways for uninformed or unscrupulous breeders to sell mutt breeds, or EEs to people while trying to convince them they are actually selling them Ameraucanas. EEs are very nice birds and I love mine, but I know what they are not.
I'm very well aware, I even wrote an article on the topic

see here 👇

Difference between Easter Eggers and Ameraucanas! With Review. (Optional)

Difference between Easter Eggers and Ameraucanas! With Review. (Optional)

Intro = = = = = = = = = = = 🐔❤️🐔❤️🐔❤️🐔❤️🐔❤️🐔 @TheOddOneOut is the only other person who I have seen touch on this subject. A link to her thread here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...hink-you-have-an-ameraucana-do-check.1421663/ She goes through all the basics. I wanted to go a bit...

Ameraucanas are a real breed. (And the best breed.)

Americana is a way most hatcheries and many breeders trick people into thinking they are getting a true breed when really they are getting an EE.

Americanas are not Ameraucanas.
But Americanas are EEs which is what I said above.
👇
Easter Egger (which is an Americana)

Back
Top Bottom