Chickie_Momma_91

Chirping
Apr 29, 2021
This baby hatched out almost fully at 7:45 this morning. This picture was taken at 12:40pm. It’s been 5 hours and still not fluffing up? Is this normal? Also still has curly toes. My incubator is 99.5° and hovering around 70% humidity.
5E5C8063-1908-4606-8D0E-FCBB1BE98486.jpeg
C353D7E8-322A-439E-963D-DAD57F457C52.jpeg
CA73ECA1-EA31-4643-B75A-7F085BA72550.jpeg

Not fluffing up in five is okay. What is your humidity?

For the toes:
Fixing Curled Toes With Tape - Picture Tutorial and Video

7-31-2019 Sometimes a chick will develop or hatch with a condition called curled toes or curly toes in one or both feet. Many people believe this is caused by them being in the shell too long or humidity being too high during incubation. It's been my experience that this type of curled toes...

Not fluffing up in five is okay. What is your humidity?

For the toes:

7-31-2019 Sometimes a chick will develop or hatch with a condition called curled toes or curly toes in one or both feet. Many people believe this is caused by them being in the shell too long or humidity being too high during incubation. It's been my experience that this type of curled toes...
I’m not keeping babies but I do know how to fix curly toes if needed. I just didn’t know if it was still early enough that they’d straighten out on their own. Humidity hovering around 70%.

I’m not keeping babies but I do know how to fix curly toes if needed. I just didn’t know if it was still early enough that they’d straighten out on their own. Humidity hovering around 70%.
They might straighten on their own. :idunno If mine are straightened after 24 hours I tape them. The 70% humidity is probably why it hasn't fluffed up yet.

Back
Top Bottom