Not getting better

Enilcita28

Chirping
Mar 14, 2019
Hi all!
I need help with one of my hens. We have had some really bad flooding in Florida, and as a consequence of that, cocci and mold we lost lost at least 7 baby chicks. It has been rough this year. Now everyone seems to be doing better, I've been providing probiotics and electrolytes in the water, checking for mold in the feed, spreading pine shavings on the ground and coop to minimize wet floors etc... But I still have one hen that is not getting better. She's pale (kind of yellowish skin color) she has runny poop. I do see her eating and drinking but not getting better. I know for sure they are molting but egg production just increased for a couple of weeks now. Everyone else looks better but she looks miserable. If I separate her, what else can I do for her? Should I deworm her? Help please!

Sorry to hear about your chicks and your hen. When you treated for coccidiosis, how much did you use and how long did you treat for? Maybe she has a more severe load?

Sorry to hear about your chicks and your hen. When you treated for coccidiosis, how much did you use and how long did you treat for? Maybe she has a more severe load?
Hi. A treated the whole flock about a month ago. I haven't noticed any worms in her poop. But it's just watery and she's pale. I know for sure the whole flock is molting.

Can you take a pic of the hen and her poo? Have you checked for pests?
Hi! She definitely looks better than yesterday and I'm starting to think it's the heat. She's lost her tail feathers.

Attachments

• 20210915_103421.jpg
    20210915_103421.jpg
    367.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 20210915_103355.jpg
    20210915_103355.jpg
    350.1 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom