not hatching? Dead?

chickenrk

Chirping
Mar 18, 2017
Lake District, UK
Hi all,

my duck eggs are in lockdown (3 of them - a mix of runners and campbells) due to hatch tomorrow. I have used the Brinsea Mini II ex which has automatic turning and humidity and has been pretty solid in terms of temp and humidity - literally plug in and it does what you tell it to. My question as I'm new to hatching is - should i see any movement? I can't see anything and I'm worried they have died. Am i being crazy? What should I 'see' at this point? There is no pipping yet and i can't hear anything either, although i peep at the eggs every time i walk past them (my husband thinks i am nuts!!).

Thank you very much for any responses

No, they rest a lot when put into lock down and I have never heard a peep out of my Duck eggs till they pip the shell..;)....Chicks make more peeps....

Just keep waiting...It might go over the 28 days before they pip the shell and it can take 12 to 24 hours to zip out of the egg....

Your not crazy....:).....You will feel like you are though...;)......

Good luck....:)

Cheers!

thank you very much chickens really for making me feel a bit more relaxed. I will wait patiently (ish) and try to keep busy.
big_smile.png

ooh, that's exciting!  What type of incubators do you have?  Have you found them reliable?  Wow, so many little ones - too cool.  When are your hatch dates?

I have a Hova Bator 1588 and Murry/farm grade little giant..Both are styrofoam and really good..:)

I have Appleyard and Call/Appleyard and Buff/Appleyard due on the 26th....Then I have pure Calls Due May 2nd and under the Chicken May 7th And if the Duck Hen succeeds they are due on the 14th of May.....All I need to do is look in the mirror and I know Crazy...;).....

I'm glad you've found your incy's good - makes it a little easier. You certainly will have your hands full! Do you have a farm then? Do you keep the chicks in a barn or will you keep them indoors for a while?

I'm glad you've found your incy's good - makes it a little easier.  You certainly will have your hands full!  Do you have a farm then?  Do you keep the chicks in a barn or will you keep them indoors for a while?

We have 7 acres....I keep the Ducklings in the house for the first few days to give them a good start and then move them out to my Garage I converted into my Poultry brooder/Feed House..:).....

It's fun and stressful.....My Husband thinks I am nuts...;)......

These will be my last Ducklings of the year...:).......Or I try and tell myself that anyways!....;)

Back
Top Bottom