Not just spraddle leg?

weetie33

Hatching
Mar 24, 2024
I have a 48 hr plus chick. He was slow to hatch and I have been hobbling him for 24 hrs for spraddle leg. He can’t stand, he even with the Hubble. His feet almost go over his head. Am I supposed to hobble over the hock, to straighten it? ( knee…not sure what it’s called.)

A better way to strengthen and correct leg issues in new chicks is by using a chick chair. For a tiny chick, this can be a simple coffee cup, well padded, so they are supported in an upright position. You would do it periodically during the day, ten minutes at a time in the cup while you keep a close eye on the chick for safety.

A better way to strengthen and correct leg issues in new chicks is by using a chick chair. For a tiny chick, this can be a simple coffee cup, well padded, so they are supported in an upright position. You would do it periodically during the day, ten minutes at a time in the cup while you keep a close eye on the chick for safety.
Thank you so much. I will absolutely try this.

Save the hobbling until after you try a couple days of the chick chair. It could strengthen the legs making hobbling more effective and not take very long to effect a cure.

Back
Top Bottom