Not new, but never posted!

seanneas

Chirping
10 Years
Oct 16, 2012
Hi! I'm Sean.

I've had laying hens on and off for the last 14 years in my yard in KCMO. Off more recently though... We had to stop due to an outrageous possum and raccoon population. At a point I just had to choose to not host a chicken murder yard.... I know.

BUT!!!! We have relocated the run and this time it's a mixture between a palace and a fortress. Doing the final touches before we get hens again, but hopefully within the week!

Anyhow, I look forward to BYC as a resource and i thought people might enjoy this insane chicken yard design. I guess we just figured, go all out this time.

Behold!

Hen Yard 2.jpg
Hen Yard 1.jpg

Hi! I'm Sean.

I've had laying hens on and off for the last 12 (14?) years in my yard in KCMO. Off more recently though... We had to stop due to an outrageous possum and raccoon population. At a point I just had to choose to not host a chicken murder yard.... I know.

BUT!!!! We have relocated the run and this time it's a mixture between a palace and a fortress. Anyhow, I look forward to BYC as a resource and i thought people might enjoy this insane chicken yard design. I guess we just figured, go all out this time.

Behold!

View attachment 3500849View attachment 3500848
Welcome to BYC!!

Hi! I'm Sean.

I've had laying hens on and off for the last 14 years in my yard in KCMO. Off more recently though... We had to stop due to an outrageous possum and raccoon population. At a point I just had to choose to not host a chicken murder yard.... I know.

BUT!!!! We have relocated the run and this time it's a mixture between a palace and a fortress. Doing the final touches before we get hens again, but hopefully within the week!

Anyhow, I look forward to BYC as a resource and i thought people might enjoy this insane chicken yard design. I guess we just figured, go all out this time.

Behold!

View attachment 3500849View attachment 3500848
Hi Sean, that looks really nice, good job. My son lives in Garden city MO I guess near you.?. I didnt know y'all had so many predators! I thought it was more 'flat land' nice to meet you.. welcome to BYC

Hi Sean, that looks really nice, good job. My son lives in Garden city MO I guess near you.?. I didnt know y'all had so many predators! I thought it was more 'flat land' nice to meet you.. welcome to BYC
Well, in the city, it's really block by block. Behind my house is a large empty lot on which an old brick structure stood before collapsing about 7 years ago. It was already a popular spot for the rodents. But I suspect the new crazy landscape of stones and bricks left after the cleanup have created a lot of nice little homes for these guys...

It's over now! Come at me possums!

Back
Top Bottom