Not really an emergency but......

colowyo0809

Songster
9 Years
Apr 27, 2010
Dacono, CO
It could turn into one. Does anyone know anything about chicks and incense(sp)? I know cig smoke and household cleaners can kill parakeets, and I assume they do the same to chicks but I could be mistaken, but what about the incense? Is it harmful? Is there a problem? Am I going to kill them all?!!??!?!
barnie.gif
th.gif
idunno.gif
*ahem* sorry. I'm planning on putting the chicks outside for a little bit today so I can air out the bedroom and make it smell pretty, should I make sure the smoke is all cleared before I bring them back in? Thanks for your help!

Quote:
Cigarette smoke kills parakeets? Shhh...don't tell mine, what they don't know won't hurt them. They live about 5 feet from my desk and both my hubby and I smoke. Both birds are about 4 years old. My grandma always kept a bunch and she smoked A LOT. Hers always lived to be 12-14 years old too. It doesn't seem to bother my parrot either and he is always about 2 feet from me, and I've had him for 23 years.
I'm sorry, but I never heard of cigarette smoke killing parakeets.
idunno.gif

Quote:
Cigarette smoke kills parakeets? Shhh...don't tell mine, what they don't know won't hurt them. They live about 5 feet from my desk and both my hubby and I smoke. Both birds are about 4 years old. My grandma always kept a bunch and she smoked A LOT. Hers always lived to be 12-14 years old too. It doesn't seem to bother my parrot either and he is always about 2 feet from me, and I've had him for 23 years.
I'm sorry, but I never heard of cigarette smoke killing parakeets.
idunno.gif

lol, maybe we just had sensitive birds, or maybe his grandmother is just really evil and her evilness smothered them :)

Back
Top Bottom