Not returning to coop at night. Help!

Well Darn it ;-)

I am having the same issue, and the light doesnt seem to entice them. I went out last night and the were all huddled up together over by the water dish, 2 feet from the ramp.

Tonight I hung a tether-ball (cucumber) in the coop before dusk, when I went out a lil bit ago, they were all inside. I have difficulty getting them up on the roosts tho, since they go bonkers when I walk in the coop. Guess Ill have to figure out another way to pull that one off ;-)

Well Darn it ;-)

I am having the same issue, and the light doesnt seem to entice them. I went out last night and the were all huddled up together over by the water dish, 2 feet from the ramp.

Tonight I hung a tether-ball (cucumber) in the coop before dusk, when I went out a lil bit ago, they were all inside. I have difficulty getting them up on the roosts tho, since they go bonkers when I walk in the coop. Guess Ill have to figure out another way to pull that one off ;-)

How old are they? They don't always sleep on a roosting bar if they are young. They will sleep on the coop floor in a pile to stay warm. They will naturally fly up onto the roost when ready. I had one that refused to get on it with the others. She was content sleeping on the floor under them, which led to her getting pooped on. I tried putting her on the roost at that point but otherwise, let them figure it out. Just make sure the roost isn't too high for them to get to and its not so high that they injure themselves jumping down from it in the morning.

How old are they? They don't always sleep on a roosting bar if they are young. They will sleep on the coop floor in a pile to stay warm. They will naturally fly up onto the roost when ready. I had one that refused to get on it with the others. She was content sleeping on the floor under them, which led to her getting pooped on. I tried putting her on the roost at that point but otherwise, let them figure it out. Just make sure the roost isn't too high for them to get to and its not so high that they injure themselves jumping down from it in the morning.

10 weeks.

Yeah I kinda figured they would eventually get it right ;-) They have all been up on the roosts, but not on a regular basis, so Ill just monitor and see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom