Not so New

Nupetwo

Songster
7 Years
Apr 2, 2013
NJ
Good evening Backyard Chicken Moms and Dads. My name is Troy and I am no longer new to chickens. My first small flock was back in 2013. It consisted of 4 white leghorns and two comets. Unfortunately, I had to rehome them because my neighbor called the township which started my research and fight to get backyard hens legal in Williamstown, NJ. Two years later in 2015, I got another small flock consisting of a Buff Orpington, Black Australorp, Golden Laced Wyandotte, and an Easter Egger. I was still trying to get the current township members to change the ordinance which went on deaf ears. In their eyes, if no one complained, than no problem. A year later, 2016, the same neighbor called, and I rehomed that flock. I waited for council seats to expire and to see if the potential candidates were in favor of a backyard chicken pilot program. The group that I talked to were in favor. Together with Monroe Township Sustainability Committee, Gweene Baile of Camden County Chickens, and our new progressive thinking council, The Backyard Chicken Pilot Program was created. My new and legal small flock will consist of a Black Australorp, White Maran, Silver Laced Wyandotte, Blue Orpington, and two Easter Eggers.

Hi! I'm still underground. I have dreams of getting a real ordinance. Until then, I'm just hoping a city official doesn't accidentally see my coop. szBKrhKvTX2hC%hK6ZV4CA.jpg

Back
Top Bottom