Not sure about my eggs?

Rooster has been mating, girls vary in age, 2 have been laying since early December, other 2 started a month ago. Have been feeding them mixed grain and high protein pellets, plus scraps and they free range a couple of hours each day. The eggs look pretty healthy. Will give them all a month and try again, thanks for the help.

Do you have any girls that lay pure white eggs?

When just starting out it sure is nice when you can SEE everything in there.

But I agree with the others... those look like they are probably infertile.

Crack 1 open and look.
:welcome :frow I agree, from the picture of the egg that was posted, the eggs look to be infertile.
Infertile egg.
INFertileEggPic.jpg

Fertile egg.
FertileEggPIx.jpg

Thanks everyone for the info, girls only lay light brown eggs, will watch eggs for the spot, thanks cmom.

Rooster has been mating, girls vary in age, 2 have been laying since early December, other 2 started a month ago. Have been feeding them mixed grain and high protein pellets, plus scraps and they free range a couple of hours each day. The eggs look pretty healthy. Will give them all a month and try again, thanks for the help.
I would cut out the grain and add in some stuff high in B and A vitamins.

Nutritional yeast is a great source of B vitamins and the livestock grade (verses human grade) is a decent price. Grated carrots, pumpkin and sweet potatoes have good amounts of A.

2x Alaskan, cut out the grain, scraps & any treats. Just their feed, what are you feeding? How much protein? Rooster looks good, girls are still "early" stages of laying, I see some "meat/blood" spots.

Back
Top Bottom