Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

Does anyone know if this is a pullet or cockerel? It is about six to seven weeks old. The undefined curving feathers are kind of freaking me out because I can only have hens. No crowing noises so far. This one I thought was a barred rock female, with a docile personality, very friendly and not nippy at all. There is a dark grey wash down the front of the legs as well. I don't want to give it up, fingers crossed!!

Does anyone know if this is a pullet or cockerel? It is about six to seven weeks old. The undefined curving feathers are kind of freaking me out because I can only have hens. No crowing noises so far. This one I thought was a barred rock female, with a docile personality, very friendly and not nippy at all. There is a dark grey wash down the front of the legs as well. I don't want to give it up, fingers crossed!!

It looks like a pullet to me but I'm no expert. :) all my roos are always much redder in the comb by then.

Pullet.

I love this post. Okay, we have a couple we are wondering about. They are 7-8 weeks.
This is our Splash Marans.

Here's our Lavender Orpington

Not the best pick of our Jubilee Orpington

And our Swedish Flower, Uma

I can take better pics if I need to! Thanks :)

10 week old Easter egger. Supposed to be a lady but not certain she is. Possible crowing attempts

Pretty sure that's a cockerel. He looks pretty close to my Ameracuana. The tail and comb give it away. This is a pic of my cockerel. They're nice looking birds. I've decided to keep mine even though I was against having a rooster.

HI! First time poster! I'm in Mobile, AL, where we are allowed 5 hens, no roosters. My 2 Barred Rocks (Momma Hen & LIttle Hen) are 2 years old. Little Hen has gone broody about once every 3 months since she matured. We wanted to expand the flock, so this spring we let her set 11 eggs we got from a friend. The rooster was a Light Brahma. Hens were Ameraucana and Silver Leghorns. They hatched May 12/13th. . Didnt expect all to hatch or all to live once they did. Well, all 11 eggs hatched and all 11 peeps are still alive! For logistics (and legal) reasons, I need to start to thin out the flock, starting out with the roosters. But I am having a hard time telling what I've got. So, here's a few pics: #1, I think this is a pullet: /www.backyardchickens.com/486386/] #4, No idea: My Hens (not the real moms!):
Sorry, no help from me, but a quick question: How are your regular size hens doing with a brahma rooster? I was going tobget one for my mixed flock but then chickened out and got a smaller Welsummer roo instead. Inkept picturing the huge brahma roo balancing on the much smaller chickens....

This may seem obvious, but my husband and I disagree about the sex of this one. Saddle feathers are starting to come in thin and pointy, never mind the waddles. It's just about 4 months old. Part of the problem is the crowing. One of us thinks roo, the other a crowing hen. Any help?

Back
Top Bottom