Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

Hello, I am new to this but I have a sneaking suspicion that this "she" is a he -- can you confirm? "She" is approx 4 months old and is always the first one to run over to me when I enter the run.

To early to tell. Come back in a few weeks. So far they all look like pullets though. Just like people pullets come in different sizes. Watch for reddening in the comb as the first sign with wyandottes. Also lack of tail feather development.
Thank you I just get overly suspicious of having another roo I already have an old English game bantam rooster that's almost 6 weeks and I don't want injuries even with them growing up in the brooder together

also both are my nephews chicks I'd hate to have to tell one of them they have to give up a chick.

Hello, I am new to this but I have a sneaking suspicion that this "she" is a he -- can you confirm? "She" is approx 4 months old and is always the first one to run over to me when I enter the run.

I have pullets that age with the same comb, wattles and ears.
Do you see long hackle feathers? Long saddle feathers? Long, cascading tail feathers? Any spur bumps emerging?
A full body shot of the bird from the side would be most helpful.

I have another BO the exact same age and she definitely has a lighter and smaller comb/waddle (pic below), but I can't see a difference between their feathers -- no noticeable tail feathers. I'll get a full body photo tonight and see if that helps.

Back
Top Bottom