Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

Can anyone tell what sex these are? They are 3 week old barnevelders. I know it's early to tell but it's killing me!! Lol

CHICK 1

CHICK 2

Lol... way too early!

Hello all, what do you think about this 13+ week Silkie? I'm new to chickens and even newer to Silkies...keep going back and forth about this bird.
Posted on Silkie Sexing site too but hoping to get some more opinions here.
He/she doesn't really act like a hen or roo, but often stands more upright. Is that a sure sign of roo?? It is at bottom of pecking order (with 3 standard pullets & 1
Silkie mix roo who behaves like roo). Don't notice streamers. Tail isn't just a round bunny poof, but has some feathers hanging over...again, I have no idea if that is seen only in Roos or if both genders have this?? Purchased him/her from a local farmer and it surely is only pet quality (fine with me!) but we can't keep Roos here
1f601.png
Once our Silkie mix starts crowing/mounting we are rehoming him. Sorry for so many photos, just want to show all his/her features.
Any thoughts are welcome! Thanks so much :)

Hello all, what do you think about this 13+ week Silkie? I'm new to chickens and even newer to Silkies...keep going back and forth about this bird.
Posted on Silkie Sexing site too but hoping to get some more opinions here.
He/she doesn't really act like a hen or roo, but often stands more upright. Is that a sure sign of roo?? It is at bottom of pecking order (with 3 standard pullets & 1
Silkie mix roo who behaves like roo). Don't notice streamers. Tail isn't just a round bunny poof, but has some feathers hanging over...again, I have no idea if that is seen only in Roos or if both genders have this?? Purchased him/her from a local farmer and it surely is only pet quality (fine with me!) but we can't keep Roos here
1f601.png
Once our Silkie mix starts crowing/mounting we are rehoming him. Sorry for so many photos, just want to show all his/her features.
Any thoughts are welcome! Thanks so much :)

Looks rooish to me but its definitely to early to tell. Next time if you cant have rooster mypetchicken.com sells sexed silkies. May be the way to go. They are out of stock most of the time but if you check back frequently they will have availability for one hatch lol good luck.

Hi all, I posted pics of these silkie chicks when they were several weeks younger. They are now 11 weeks 4 days old. If anyone can help me with genders I'd much appreciate it!
I will post several pics of One chick only per each post.
Thanks in advance!
This is Zuzu/Zuza.

I have 3 babies. 2 blrw and 1 mottled huodan. All feathered quickly and have been outside since 4 weeks with no heat lamp. Sweet chicks. One blrw has a mild cross beak but if its a too we can't keep in our suburb... Worried about no one wanting a too that's less than perfect. Please help me sex:
Piglet, cross beaked blew

Ho-Oh (a mottled huodan my son named after a Pokemon)

Lacy, a blew

All 3

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom