Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

So far I've gotten opinions that say these 4 are all cockerels...say it ain't so! :fl Now I'm suspicious of all of my supposed "pullets!" Let me know what y'all think... there's 2 Speckled Sussex and 2 Easter eggers
IMG_5421.PNG
IMG_5462.JPG
IMG_5471.JPG
IMG_5479.PNG

Thank you! They are now 4 weeks old. I think you may be right about the light chick!

Attachments

• IMG_9585.JPG
    IMG_9585.JPG
    414.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9586.JPG
    IMG_9586.JPG
    345.4 KB · Views: 11
Reverse that last bit ;)

I have a "Is it a Welsummer or a Leghorn?" too. I'm waiting for earlobes -- the glaring white discs should be a giveaway. I thought for certain she had to be Leghorn because I've never seen a chick feather that quickly but no lobes yet (red or white) at 18 weeks :hmm
Interesting! I don't know much about either breed and will have to check up on it. She did feather pretty early on I guess ... I think I see patches of white where earlobes should be but she doesn't stay still long enough to get a good look. From what else I've heard, she is quite possible EE mixed with Leghorn and got a lot of Leghorn genes ... time will tell. I think I read leghorns lay white eggs? Whatever she is, there must be bantam in her since the younger chicks have pretty much caught up to her size and her age comrades just get bigger and bigger!

Wondering if this 4 month old barred rock mix is a hen or rooster. We are leaning more towards rooster but did have a chicken with similar traits turn out to be a hen. There has been no crowing. 20170622_192512.jpg 20170623_153501.jpg

Back
Top Bottom