Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

I started another thread, oops... but here are my 14-15 week old Delaware babies. I think that I've got one rooster in the bunch. What do you think?

Sorry, I had started another thread prior to finding this one. Trying to find out if these 8 week olds are pullets. Some have sex they are red sex links but was worried the lighter ones were roosters.

There is a little bit of lighter feathers on its wings.

Feathers just above its tail.

I have a 13 week old GLW and am curious if you can tell if I had a pullet or cockerel.

Last edited:
I'm still impatient but know I will probably have to wait it out...but anyone want to take another stab at this black australorp? Almost 7 wks old.

And the other two (on the ends) for comparison- who I'm pretty sure are pullets.

Last edited:
Bought a few "backyard birds" from a farmer who were "mostly pullets i think", but now I'm starting to suspect we have a roo in our hen house, wondering what someone more experienced thinks. Our Mr. Missus is the white/black/grey one i think maybe EE/cornish mix maybe?

I'd say that's definitely a rooster. Especially since you are have suspicions. Also has a tiny rooster tail instead of thick, long, broad tail feathers like a pullet would have.

Back
Top Bottom