Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

Hmm the wyandottes were supposed to be pullets.
I think the Gold Laced Wyandotte is a pullet, but the silver laced are suspect for roos. The first one posted has wattle development at 6 weeks. Mine pullet didn't really develop much wattle at all until after 16ish weeks. I'm very inexperienced, but tortured myself on whether my wyandotte was a rooster or not. She's not. She's actually a fantastic broody mom!

Hello!

I hope you guys can help me out! I have had my first flock of chickens for a month and I'm a bit concerned at least half are roosters. They are now about fifteen weeks I think - 2 plymouth barred rock (I think these are both roosters based on their tail feathers?), a black orpington who is a bit younger, maybe only 12 weeks, and a white orpington which is supposed to be about 15 weeks as well, maybe a little older.

Here's the photos (named by my kids).

BB

Lady Spangle

Rocco and Alfred (jinxed those with the names...)

I am hoping at lease one of the silver laced is a pullet they all feathered out at exactly the same time and are all the exact same size. I have heard Wyandotte's are really hard to tell.

to young to say for sure but it isn't looking like an obvious cockerel yet. Please keep us updated.

Hello! I hope you guys can help me out! I have had my first flock of chickens for a month and I'm a bit concerned at least half are roosters. They are now about fifteen weeks I think - 2 plymouth barred rock (I think these are both roosters based on their tail feathers?), a black orpington who is a bit younger, maybe only 12 weeks, and a white orpington which is supposed to be about 15 weeks as well, maybe a little older. Here's the photos (named by my kids). BB Lady Spangle Rocco and Alfred (jinxed those with the names...)
All look like pullets.... Except the BRs. Do you have more pics of them?

I have 4 chickens that I am not sure of.

This one is almost impossible to get a picture of!

This is one of my "twins". I call them that because they look so much alike, I have a hard time distinguishing.

This one worries me because it has a LARGE comb. (And there is my black sex link in the photo that was supposed to be a hen...that's some nice barring that 'she' is developing!)

Here is the one with the Large comb (on the left) and the "twins"

Thanks for any help. Someone said two weeks ago that they all looked like pullets but I am still worried!

Hello!

I hope you guys can help me out! I have had my first flock of chickens for a month and I'm a bit concerned at least half are roosters. They are now about fifteen weeks I think - 2 plymouth barred rock (I think these are both roosters based on their tail feathers?), a black orpington who is a bit younger, maybe only 12 weeks, and a white orpington which is supposed to be about 15 weeks as well, maybe a little older.

Here's the photos (named by my kids).

BB

Lady Spangle

Rocco and Alfred (jinxed those with the names...)
Those are all pullets. And the Barred Rocks look different than the usual ones we see here, because those are proper, breed standard birds, not hatchery quality. Both are pullets, and GORGEOUS!

Chick #1: Flower the silver laced Wyandotte 6 weeks

Chick #2 Bantam cochin frizzle

Chick #3 Bantam Cochin Frizzle 6 weeks pretty sure he is a roo.

Chick #4 Silkie for fun 6 weeks

Chick #5 Gold laced Wyandotte 6 weeks

chick #6 Silkie for fun 6 weeks

Chick #7silver laced Wyandotte 6 weeks

They are all 6 weeks old. Thanks.
Chick #3 looks like the only cockerel so far

Back
Top Bottom