Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

Pullet or young roo?

first 2 are boys, the one who's comb I can't see could be a pullet I can't tell, the bottom pic I think rooster but just because big comb, what are they mixed with?

They're only 2 birds. I just realized I didn't specify. I was trying to show back feather patterns to compare to combs and wattles.
The first two are the same bird and the third and fourth are another bird. The farm store wasn't sure, because they were born free range on the farm. But one of the managers showed me the Welsummer dad and said something else... I swear he said something that sounded like "tree frog," but it was hard to understand with his accent.

Here they were as chicks... The little white one on the left is the chicken in the first two and the little brown one on the right is the one in the last two. Maybe you can tell what breed they are mixed with???

Last edited:
Need help with gender? Breed? Hop on here for speedy and very reliable answers to all you gender/breed questions! We have an almost 100% accuracy on both, and have years of chicken experience.

Help!!! I ended up with what i think is a Pheonix instead of a sussex, and with other chicks ive been able to compare to same breeds, or look online at chicks to get a decent guesstimate on roo or pullet... but my pheonix has me stumped! I absolutely love this chick, and am really hoping pullet so bad ive spent hours online trying to find some kind of comparison, and have found nothing! She/he is only 3 1/2 weeks old, so i understand if its too early, but guesses are always welcome!

Back
Top Bottom