Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

Ok! We're back at 12 weeks old and wow have our chicks grown! I have tried to get front and side views of the same birds side by side for comparison sake. Posting from my phone so can't remember the exact order but we have 2 production reds supposed to be sex links but we think not. Top is Penelope thinking pullet. Bottom is Sassy pants, with suspicious tail feathers....

Then we have Flowers the barred Rock, Woodstock the Buff Orpington, Picasso the EE and Welly Nelly the Welsummer. Thoughts? Pullets or Roos? :)

Ok! We're back at 12 weeks old and wow have our chicks grown! I have tried to get front and side views of the same birds side by side for comparison sake. Posting from my phone so can't remember the exact order but we have 2 production reds supposed to be sex links but we think not. Top is Penelope thinking pullet. Bottom is Sassy pants, with suspicious tail feathers....

Then we have Flowers the barred Rock, Woodstock the Buff Orpington, Picasso the EE and Welly Nelly the Welsummer. Thoughts? Pullets or Roos? :)
sassy pants is a rooster and I'm leaning towards rooster on woodstock. Buff orps are slow developers and take forever to bloom.

Then we have Flowers the barred Rock, Woodstock the Buff Orpington, Picasso the EE and Welly Nelly the Welsummer. Thoughts? Pullets or Roos?
smile.png

Penelope, Flowers, Picasso and Welly Nelly are definitely female. I'm thinking pullet for Sassy Pants, but not 100% and also not sure on the BO. Could you post a picture of them without the bright light and nothing in the way? I like the verse behind the welsummer.
smile.png

Hello, we took our 2 bantam roos to auction & then a friend offered us some Amercana chicks cause I wanted normal size eggs lol. Well I think we have some roos in this bunch. Guessing 6 - 7wks. The last one is one that was hatched from our bantam flock. Not sure if that one is old enough to tell. I'm going to number them so I can tell who's who.

Thanks Shannon

Hi I'm back again questioning the gender of theses ones. Here are updated pictures, best I could get. I'll try again if you need close ups.

This red & silver just doesn't look like it has a hen like tail to me. It looks longer then my other hens the same age.

Thanks Shannon

Back
Top Bottom