Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

Penelope, Flowers, Picasso and Welly Nelly are definitely female. I'm thinking pullet for Sassy Pants, but not 100% and also not sure on the BO. Could you post a picture of them without the bright light and nothing in the way? I like the verse behind the welsummer. :)

Hi All,

I "adopted" what was believed to be a light brahma x buff orpington mixed pullet about three months ago. I believe this bird is about 6-7 months old now, and I started to notice some pluming of the tail feathers and some rather sharp saddle feathers recently.
ep.gif

If the cross is legit, I'm kind of surprised at the result, beyond the size of the chicken, which is about 30% larger than anything else I own! Coloration and fluffiness seems consistent with Lt Brahma, but no leg feathering at all.

There hasn't been any crowing, so I've still got hope in my heart for a gal! Sweety of a bird that finally realized it's a monster compared to the others and doesn't need to be afraid of them. Anyone have any thoughts on breed and sex? Group pic is the gang around the time I got this one, and the single is recent. MUCH bigger chicken now!

Hi All,

I "adopted" what was believed to be a light brahma x buff orpington mixed pullet about three months ago. I believe this bird is about 6-7 months old now, and I started to notice some pluming of the tail feathers and some rather sharp saddle feathers recently.
ep.gif

If the cross is legit, I'm kind of surprised at the result, beyond the size of the chicken, which is about 30% larger than anything else I own! Coloration and fluffiness seems consistent with Lt Brahma, but no leg feathering at all.

There hasn't been any crowing, so I've still got hope in my heart for a gal! Sweety of a bird that finally realized it's a monster compared to the others and doesn't need to be afraid of them. Anyone have any thoughts on breed and sex? Group pic is the gang around the time I got this one, and the single is recent. MUCH bigger chicken now!

That coloring looks suspiciously like an isabel coloring that can be bred for in english orps (super fluffy birds in their own right). Sometimes they're crossbred with creles but otherwise not sure where that dark tail would come in. But If so, and it is an isabel you've got a special bird whether cockerel or pullet. Comb is pretty red though...

Hi All,

ep.gif

She looks more like an Easter Egger. If she were a Brahma mix, she would have feathered legs.

Just saw this thread after i add ed one, sorry. Any chance you can identify pullet or Roos for me. 9 week old Dark Barred p/r's. Pic of each and a group showing 2 side by side. TIA
I thought 2 Roos and a Pullet but starting to think I might be lucky with 3 pullets *fingers crossed*

Back
Top Bottom