Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

Looks like a pullet to me. I would expect a more developed comb and wattles on a cockerel.

Sorry I thought u asked for a head shot. And my camera ain't great but I hope u can get a better idea with this one

Sorry I thought u asked for a head shot. And my camera ain't great but I hope u can get a better idea with this one

I asked for the head shot. But I think that's a pullet. Small almost flat comb, no wattles. Keep an eye out if the comb suddenly gets red and larger in the next couple weeks. Cockerels develop combs faster.

[/IMG]

This was in the EE bin at Tractor Supply. Supposed to be a pulled, but looks very different from the other EE's that came with. About 2 weeks old, so I realize that may be too young to tell. Thanks!

Which one are you asking about? EEs can have ANY plumage pattern but the hatchery chicks usually have certain traits in common -- greenish legs, pea comb, and bearding. If only one of those features is absent, it's likely still an EE. If all are absent, then you may well have a whoops. It happens.

Back
Top Bottom