Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

5.5 weeks, Cochin x Brahma. Roos or Pullets? Thanks!

1. looks like a male because of the pinkish comb & some reddish feather patches growing in.
2. Could go either way

Were either of the parents an auburn color? That could explain red patches & give a false roo guess to a hen.

Can you tell what this is or is it to early. My son is dying to know. This is his favorite and we can't keep a rooster.
Needs a little more time & feathering to tell gender, but it's nice to see the chick is well loved.
smile.png

They are about 4 maybe 4.5 weeks old.

I have an Easter Egger we are kind of thinking is a roo. I read something about the orange across the shoulders may be a sign of that? Compaired to his(her?) sister who's orange coloring is more blended. Berniece on the left, Raine on the right. Raine is who we are questioning.

Raine again
Lavendor Orpington#1 Frank or Frankie?

Lavender Orpington#1 Frank or Frankie

Frankie again

Lavender orpington#2 named Rita

Lavender Orpington#2 Rita

Rita again

Here is Frankie and Rita together.
We are hoping they both are females and they can keep their names... and that we can keep them. Thank you in advance for your help!

Last edited:
I have an Easter Egger we are kind of thinking is a roo. I read something about the orange across the shoulders may be a sign of that? Compaired to his(her?) sister who's orange coloring is more blended. Berniece on the left, Raine on the right. Raine is who we are questioning.

Raine again

1. looks like a male because of the pinkish comb & some reddish feather patches growing in.
2. Could go either way

Were either of the parents an auburn color? That could explain red patches & give a false roo guess to a hen.
Yes, likely the roo in the foreground here. Thanks!

Raine again
Not an obvious cockerel yet. And that's not 'rooster' red coming in, could be a pullet. But too young to say for sure.

Lavendor Orpington#1 Frank or Frankie?

Lavender Orpington#1 Frank or Frankie
Frankie again

Lavender orpington#2 named Rita

Lavender Orpington#2 Rita

Rita again
Here is Frankie and Rita together.
We are hoping they both are females and they can keep their names... and that we can keep them. Thank you in advance for your help!

What age are they?

Back
Top Bottom