Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

New to BYC, and I would like to see if my cute 7 week old polish is a hen or roo? No comb or wattles visible yet. Feathers on the head are rounded on the ends and pretty much covers this little cutie's eyes...crazy little bird, but I just adore it

Attachments

• A9F520A0-4E62-4DED-8B47-C95E9DC8380E.jpeg
    A9F520A0-4E62-4DED-8B47-C95E9DC8380E.jpeg
    296.5 KB · Views: 10
Hi! This is my first post on backyardchickens.com -- could you help me determine the gender of two of my chicks?

I think they're Easter Eggers

#1 "Astird" Chance of male. (white patches & slight color in comb) Not 100% sure, so don't make any plans yet.

I had one that looks much like this one. (I named 'him' Tyrion b/c it was a fearless, runt of the group.) We planned to keep Tyrion until he crowed. That never happened. 6 months later Tyrion started laying blue eggs. Tyrion will be 8 years old next month. She still chases squirrels and lays blue eggs.

And this is #2 "Olopop" Pullet. Typical female color pattern.

Thank you so much. Never put any of them in. Just started using natural soap instead of dollar store shampoo. Seven years and no haircut this is what happened!
I’m a year into my lock journey. Free-form as well. Waaay easier to maintain than not locked hair and it’s a nice feeling have ropes dangling from your head. 😃

Hello! I decided to start another thread on helping all you back yard chicken farmers determine the sex of your chicken.
I know it can sometimes be super tricky to identify gender in chicks, so that's why we made this thread! No need to start your own thread, just hop on here and share a picture of your chick, making sure it's at least 4 weeks old before asking gender. Me and @Jetblack2004 are almost 100% on genders for chicks 4 weeks+.
So feel free to ask lots of questions regarding gender. We do NOT identify breeds, only gender. However, if anyone out there is good at identifying breeds, please let us know, we would love to have your help!

Thanks!

-ftfarmer22

Attachments

• B381602A-4FDF-4DA0-A82B-8BCF84BD3584.jpeg
    B381602A-4FDF-4DA0-A82B-8BCF84BD3584.jpeg
    344.3 KB · Views: 8
This is my 5 week old Easter Egger. Any guesses as to gender? Hoping it’s a pullet! Thanks

Attachments

• 08735C51-2AE1-4A9F-B308-D96D1324C2EF.jpeg
    08735C51-2AE1-4A9F-B308-D96D1324C2EF.jpeg
    357 KB · Views: 9
  • DAC01D92-C33A-4E98-BBF6-D07CBBADE625.jpeg
    DAC01D92-C33A-4E98-BBF6-D07CBBADE625.jpeg
    344.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 50C48FCC-D231-4EAC-A02E-7BE1AF9CE90F.jpeg
    50C48FCC-D231-4EAC-A02E-7BE1AF9CE90F.jpeg
    342.6 KB · Views: 8
Most likely a pullet

RIRs are cockerels, others are looking like pullets

I see no obvious signs that they’re cockerels so far

Looks like a pullet

Most likely a pullet
Just gave the chicks their weekly check for problems (mites, cuts, clean vents etc) and both the brown one and the gold polish mix have pimples in the top centre of their vents. They were “blowing kisses” at me as I checked them. So I guess that is 90% that I have two boys...same day as one of the older girls died. Not a good day, and will need to rethink future chicken plans. I wouldn’t like to keep the two chicks, dependent on how loud they crow and behaviour.....am I crazy?

Hi there, I have 4 7 week old chicks and I’m trying to guess the gender. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.:)
Matilda
Silkies take a longer to sex than other breeds. So far no male traits, but that could change next month.

Red - Could go either way. There is some color & wattle growth = male. But it's not obvious. (2nd pic, the color looked very pale - almost girlish) Could be the lighting .

Chuck - cockerel

Back
Top Bottom