Not sure what breed they are

OlpA

Chirping
12 Years
Apr 30, 2007
Abilene Kansas
My wife works for animal control and came across three chicks. She brought them home and I am clueless to what breed or sex they are. I have 20 Rhode Island reds that a friend of mine gave me. So far they are all getting along. Here’s the pictures of my mystery chicks! I sure hope someone can help me identify them. Thanks!
Picture516.jpg

Picture515.jpg

Picture513.jpg

First one a barred rock or else a black sex link cockrel. The second one looks like my baby black sex link females. They are 4 weeks old tomorrow. The third one I am unsure of.

The first one is definitely a barred plymouth rock-- looks like a hen to me. Her comb is not red. The last one looks like a roo. Not sure of the breed of the second two.

I'm going to go with
Pic1: Barred Rock or Black Sex-Link-looks like a cockeral
Pic2: EE- my guess is pullet
Pic3: EE-toss up. comb color looks like cockeral, size looks like pullet

They are between 5 and 6 weeks old. Pretty birds!

Have a look at www.feathersite.com - it should help to identify them for you.

Last edited:
I'm still learning, so I'm really curious about why everyone thinks the br is a roo? I have two br's and they both have pretty prominent combs-- not red, just yellow like that. They'd better not be roo's!!!
barnie.gif

I agree with accidental completely. Give them time though before completely 100%ly labeling sexes. Because I do know that some standard breeds like leghorns...rocks and RIRs even hens get combs early on.
Good Luck with your newbies!!
smile.png

SAMcopy11.jpg

Back
Top Bottom